понедельник, 12 декабря 2016 г.


Relative pronouns:
Which- for things: Have you got the book which I lent you?
Who- for people : There’s the man who stole my bag.
That- for people, things, times and places.
This is the bike that I got for Christmas 
Whose: Tony, whose farther is a lawyer, is in trouble with the police.
When: I still remember the moment when I saw her for the first time.
Where: England, where football began, has strong sporting traditions.

Why: That’s the reason why he’s always late.


Relative pronouns and prepositions.
Where= in which
The resort where we spent our holiday was very quiet.
The resort in which  we spent our holiday was very quiet.
The resort which we spent our holiday in was very quiet.
The resort that we spent our holiday in was very quiet.
When= on which
The day when I won the lottery started badly.
The day on which I won the lottery started badly.
The day which I won the lottery on started badly.
The day that I won the lottery on started badly.

I will always love New York, the city where I was born.
I will always love New York , the city in which I was born.
I will always love New York, the city which I was born in.

I will always love New York, the city  that I was born in.

Комментариев нет:

Отправить комментарий